Summer’s here – Warmer weather, Christmas and New Year's Eve parties, long lazy days at the beach and cocktails at the bar – it's no wonder you want to look your best. If you're craving a new summer do to sport alongside your organic hair care, we've tracked down the latest looks that are making the fashion pages for the season.
- Go wild. Embrace your unruly curl, girl! Wild curls are everywhere this season with glossy, tight ringlets and shaggy cuts the big news in hair. The look is high energy zing rather than beachy waves – think afro rather than mermaid.
- Fringe appeal. It girls know how to do good hair, whatever the decade. Be like Gigi Hadid and channel your inner Brigitte Bardot circa 1964. The iconic bouffant with the long textured fringe is making a comeback, and it's seriously flattering every face. Choose to make it all whispy or sweep it to the side for a classic, sleek look.
- Mess it up. Is this summer’s most carefree hair? The messy bun is the ultimate soft look for all face shapes. Recently sported by la Markle at Wimbledon, it’s predicted we’ll see it everywhere this season because it’s so achievable at home. The messy bun's cousin is also making an appearance – the top knot is the ultimate "I look great, but it only took me a moment" style that's perfect for summer’s get up and go lifestyle.
- Scarf it. Vintage lovers rejoice! Here's the perfect opportunity to showcase your collection of silk scarves – fold an elegant or bold print beauty lengthwise into a 3cm band and place around your hairline, tying it up on top of your head. Works on all hair (even when it's a bad hair day) and you can choose to put your hair up or leave it down, have your fringe in or out. Perfecto!
- Slick and blunt. Here come the 90s flashbacks! The blunt bob is here to stay this summer, and it works with wavy and straight hair. Wear your part at the side or down the middle and choose your length – if your cheekbones are seriously high, you can go as short as you like, as long as the ends stay blunt.
- Sky high ponies. The sleek, well-groomed pony high on the crown is brought to you by another Hadid – this time it's Bella who's to blame. But the wild card here is the addition of the 80s-style scrunchie – we would never have believed they'd be back in style!
- The 70s shag. This intense look for long hair is so in right now. Think Cheryl Ladd or Farah Fawcett in the original Charlie’s Angels; it features heavy layers at the base with soft, loose ends and more layering around the face with a full fringe. Easy to care for – it's wash and go, so perfect for summer.
- Chop Crops. Textured short hair is a dream come true – sexy and sleek one day, angelically soft the next; it's like two styles for the price of one. This choppy version is a la Kate Hudson, and we predict it's your next hair crush!